Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Disappointed

Have you ever been disappointed in people? Recently, I was reading some comments by people who claimed to be Christians that just saddened me. It seems to me many who claim to follow Christ want to nullify the word of God. It seems they cherry pick verses that fit a god they can worship in their own image and that fits their world view. Please, I'm not trying to sound harsh but this is just what I observed.

I walked away sad but then God reminded me that people will fail, including myself. All I can do is to pray for them.

There has got to be a way we as followers of Christ can live in the truth and power of God's word without being harsh. Granted we probably won't win many popularity contests standing on God's truth, but we will lead more people into a real relationship with Him.

It's a tough balance, but when we find it, we can change the world.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment