Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Thoughts on Modesty

Everything I have is really God's because He's provided the money for it.

My house.

My food.

Even my clothes.

As I was thinking about this, it dawned on me...

If my clothes are given to me by God, then wouldn't I want them to more modest?

Now I'm not one of those people who think women should be covered from head to toe, but I do think women should guard the way they dress. Especially in the way of exposing their boobs to the whole world. I've seen amazing Christian women who cause guys to stumble all over themselves because their "girls" are hanging out of their top.

But I don't think the only reason women should dress modestly is so guys won't drool all over themselves.

I think women should dress modestly first to please God. And second, for themselves. Think about it, if you think you have to expose a body part to feel attractive, you probably don't think very highly of yourself.

There are ways women can look attractive without exposing themselves, it just takes some fashion sense and a little bit of creativity.

After all, our clothes are really given to us by God. Shouldn't they glorify Him instead of particluar body part? Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. I told the girls one night at Okura, "Don't objective yourself and then get mad because he treats you like an object." I try often to remind women of the bait they are fishing with. If you catch him with your body then you will have to keep him with your body. The fact that beauty is fleeting on this earth is a scary thought when you base your worth on that. We should look for the character that we want in men not thier biceps (even if they are nice); AND therefore we want a man to look at our character. To often he stumbles over his eyeballs and never makes it to our heart.

    ReplyDelete